[Exports_project_office] Comments on anonymous form - please read

Ken Buesseler kbuesseler at whoi.edu
Wed Feb 24 12:23:40 PST 2021

Since I will miss Thu meeting (if this comes up) here are some comments.

I'm not surprised with the range of responses and #1-3 below are more on
"what if".  Certainly we have not talked about medical care in UK if
someone is symptomatic.

#4 had several comments, the 10 vs 14 day one can be addressed by making
executive decisions to use the longer period, even if shorter is allowed
(in UK or by CDC).

The very last one sounds like a concern that is deep enough, that if we
are sending responses, we should tell them to alert their group leader
and express their concern and ask not to participate, with the group
leader hopefully finding an alternate (or not). I've had one such
response from the 19 Sarmiento participants, and in that case we are
finding an alternate, or will sail with one less.

This is perhaps more readily discussed over Zoom, but at least in my
experience, comfort levels change at least weekly, and we don't need to
change overall plans at this point, but try harder to reach out with
more info (#1-3) and encourage folks to just say no (easier said than
done for some individuals I realize).

Ken

--
Ken Buesseler
Senior Scientist, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution