[Exports_project_office] post meeting comments about the walkies during quarantine

Graff, Jason Robert Jason.Graff at oregonstate.edu
Thu Apr 8 21:45:34 PDT 2021

Hi Ivona,

I think this plan makes sense.  It minimizes risk early during quarantine following lots of travel time and eventually provides some mental and physical relief outside, while adhering to protocols put in place by the UK whether or not we are required to follow it.  It includes 2 lf tests and one PCR test result and minimizes the potential for bad optics Ken referred to in his previous email.

Clearly the anonymous comments span the gamut from grateful due to the need for physical movement to, well, at least one that was not as well thought out, helpful, or considerate of the human side of the project.

In regard to the exchange of materials, do we have a list started for those exchanges, similar to the one for the ship-ship exchange?  In the big scheme of things, these exchanges are limited in number relative to the exchange of breakfast, trash bins, groceries, Amazon packages, and testing interactions, etc. that will be happening frequently.  It seems that the person can deliver the package to the door of the receiver, knock, and go away.  There could be a waiting period before the person opens their door or something to that effect. Unless exchanges are extremely timely, I don’t see why these can’t wait until day 5 as well.  At that point, direct exchange between those testing negative is probably preferred to asking an intermediate, such as hotel staff, to make the delivery.

Jason

Jason Graff
Oregon State University
Assistant Professor - Senior Research