[Exports_project_office] ANY COMMENTS??? Agenda for the tuesday EXPORTS PI telecom

Cetinic, Ivona (GSFC-616.0)[UNIVERSITIES SPACE RESEARCH ASSOCIATION] ivona.cetinic at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 24 09:14:37 PDT 2017

Looks ok, thank you Dave.

Note - I will send out an email now, asking everyone to block that tuesday slot for the weekly exports call. Also - I added Antonio from the field support group to the list, and he will be on the phone call as well.

Ivona

Ivona Cetinic, Ph.D.
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center/USRA
Ocean Ecology Laboratory
Code 616
Greenbelt, MD 20771, USA
http://ivona-cetinic.flavors.me
Phone: +1-301-286-1514

"You can observe a lot just by watchin'." Yogi Berra

From: Exports_project_office [exports_project_office-bounces at espo.nasa.gov] on behalf of David Siegel [david.siegel at ucsb.edu]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 10:58 AM
To: exports_project_office at espo.nasa.gov
Subject: [Exports_project_office] ANY COMMENTS??? Agenda for the tuesday        EXPORTS PI telecom

Any response to this in light of the documents Laura sent out this weekend?  I’ve added some detail about dealing with budget realities. I want to get the reminder email with the telecom agenda out this morning.  D

**************************

Hi All,

Agenda for the PI telecom.  We are planning for a 90 minute telecom.  All participants will have spreadsheet with project info and the measurement table by Monday…

Dave

*******************

Dave Siegel - Welcome / role call

EXPORTS Project Office Introduction (each a minute or so…)
        Dave Siegel - Science Lead
        Paula Bontempi & Laura Lorenzoni - NASA OBB program officers
        Ivona Cetinic - NASA Project Scientist
        Quincy Allison / Vidal Salazar - NASA ESPO - logistics coordinators
        Chris Proctor - NASA GSFC - Data management office

Budgetary Realities - Paula / Laura / Dave
        We have NOWHERE near enough $’s to do what is proposed (cf., take your budget reduction requests seriously)
        As we go thru things, think about what you and another PI can do together that would save costs / berths
        NSF’s potential role in our budgeting - Bio of the Bio Pump DCL - upcoming Aug deadline
        Last if there are FY18 budget issues, there may not be a 2020 cruise

PI presentations (~ 5 minutes each)
        Talk briefly about science, measurements, equipment brought post-debriefs/rescopes/decopes conversations
        Answer questions as they arise

Tentative Northeast Pacific cruise information
        Ships - Revelle / Ride
        27 science days on site - 35 days total (depending on science / demob sites)
        Notionally Station P is the sampling site
        Depart Aug 1, 2018
        Mob - Seattle
        Demob - Seattle **or** Seattle (Ride) /  Seward (Revelle)

Sept Science Team
        Sept 19-22 at the USRA facility in Columbia, MD (north of DC)
        All PIs and Co-PIs are invited
        Goal is to create the coordinated field campaign, individual ship **and** AUV cruise plans
        Each Phase 1 project needs to have representation for all aspects their projects
        Room block will be set up shortly