[Exports_project_office] ANY COMMENTS??? Agenda for the tuesday EXPORTS PI telecom

David Siegel david.siegel at ucsb.edu
Mon Jul 24 07:58:49 PDT 2017

Any response to this in light of the documents Laura sent out this weekend?  I’ve added some detail about dealing with budget realities. I want to get the reminder email with the telecom agenda out this morning.  D

**************************

Hi All,

Agenda for the PI telecom.  We are planning for a 90 minute telecom.  All participants will have spreadsheet with project info and the measurement table by Monday…

Dave

*******************

Dave Siegel - Welcome / role call

EXPORTS Project Office Introduction (each a minute or so…)
	Dave Siegel - Science Lead
	Paula Bontempi & Laura Lorenzoni - NASA OBB program officers
	Ivona Cetinic - NASA Project Scientist
	Quincy Allison / Vidal Salazar - NASA ESPO - logistics coordinators
	Chris Proctor - NASA GSFC - Data management office

Budgetary Realities - Paula / Laura / Dave
	We have NOWHERE near enough $’s to do what is proposed (cf., take your budget reduction requests seriously)
	As we go thru things, think about what you and another PI can do together that would save costs / berths
	NSF’s potential role in our budgeting - Bio of the Bio Pump DCL - upcoming Aug deadline
	Last if there are FY18 budget issues, there may not be a 2020 cruise

PI presentations (~ 5 minutes each)
	Talk briefly about science, measurements, equipment brought post-debriefs/rescopes/decopes conversations
	Answer questions as they arise

Tentative Northeast Pacific cruise information
	Ships - Revelle / Ride
	27 science days on site - 35 days total (depending on science / demob sites)
	Notionally Station P is the sampling site
	Depart Aug 1, 2018
	Mob - Seattle
	Demob - Seattle **or** Seattle (Ride) /  Seward (Revelle)

Sept Science Team
	Sept 19-22 at the USRA facility in Columbia, MD (north of DC)
	All PIs and Co-PIs are invited
	Goal is to create the coordinated field campaign, individual ship **and** AUV cruise plans
	Each Phase 1 project needs to have representation for all aspects their projects
	Room block will be set up shortly