[All] BAERI charging categories

Phothisane, Stevie (ARC-SGP)[Bay Area Environmental Research Institute (BAER)] s.s.phothisane at nasa.gov
Tue Mar 12 07:19:34 PDT 2024

Also, for BAERI folks, if you type “AD05:ESPO” under the Grant/Task section, a lot of the charge codes related to ESPO projects will pop up in Concur.

-Stevie

From: "Vasques, Marilyn F. (ARC-SGP) via All" <all at espo.nasa.gov>
Date: Tuesday, March 12, 2024 at 6:58 AM
To: "all at espo.nasa.gov" <all at espo.nasa.gov>
Subject: [All] BAERI charging categories

All,
I met with BAERI financial yesterday and have 3 important points to make.

  1.  All ESPO categories in concur start with ESPO.  Our codes should all say “ESPO:project.”  So, for example, if there is a category that says ARCSIX, it is not ours (probably SGG or SGE).  Ours should say “ESPO: ARCSIX.”
If you don’t see “ESPO:project” then let me know rather than selecting a category that is just the project name.

  1.  BAERI has hired several new people and they don’t all understand what we do.  They are now asking for a “charge description” to help make sure they understand the charges.  Since I’m spending a lot of time correcting charges that they are putting in the wrong place, I think it is worth doing.  I’m not sure what it says in Concur (Justification, business purpose etc.) but just add a few words to help them understand what this is for.  I’m thinking “travel for ESPO:ASIA-AQ”  “cryogens for ESPO:ASIA-AQ” etc.

  1.  We raised the credit card limit for several of the ASIA-AQ BAERI personnel.  I was informed that this is temporary and will go back to regular levels in a month.  Don’t hesitate to request it again if needed.

Thanks,

-- Marilyn Vasques
ESPO Director & SGP Branch Chief
NASA Ames Research Center