[All] NDC Password Change

Stanfill, Alex (ARC-SGG)[Bay Area Environmental Research Institute] alex.stanfill at nasa.gov
Wed Jun 3 19:19:52 PDT 2020

Good evening team,

FYI/no action required: Some of you may have noticed that you have not had to change your NDC (NASA Data Center) password in a long time (since February for me, which is 4 months) even though we used to have to change them every 60 days or so. The reason password age is being extended likely has to do with the “limbo” status that current COVID19 circumstances may have created for some NASA folks who are without computers to take off-center. You can voluntarily change your password at https://id.nasa.gov (on the left, change NDC password) but security-wise, as long as you picked a good password there is no need to change it early (and in fact, NIST recommends we do away with password expiry).

As a refresher, the NDC password is something you’d use for example for logging into NASA wireless, going to some intranet sites (like the SpaceX launch sign-up<https://teams.share.nasa.gov/arc/ve/PE/launch/Lists/CarPass/All.aspx>), or in the past for signing into Adobe forms.nasa.gov (which doesn’t work anymore).

You can check its expiry in the menu bar using Enterprise Connect:
[cid:image001.png at 01D639DB.F4711100]

Have a wonderful Wednesday evening,

Alex Stanfill
Earth Science Project Office
NASA Ames Research Center
Bay Area Environmental Research Institute
Bldg N232, Rm 242/032, MS 232-22
Moffett Field<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moffett_Federal_Airfield>, CA 94035-0001
Mobile: +1 650 680 8547