[All] Sally Ride Coordination

Stanfill, Alex (ARC-SGG)[Bay Area Environmental Research Institute] alex.stanfill at nasa.gov
Thu Jul 4 00:32:12 PDT 2019

No biggie, and I don’t think any apology is necessary. I meant it as a gentle reminder, like the lazy summer breeze floating across the content, stuffed bellies of fourth of July celebrants. It was only a matter of luck that it happened to you as opposed to anyone else on the team (both low-tech and tech-savvy power users at risk), and again kudos to all for this being the only external slip up in 1-2 months.

I don’t think there’s any bogging down happening from the meeting acceptances as far as ARC-ESPO’s inbox goes, but:

  1.  I think we should discuss before the mailbox is public-facing. For one, security-wise I wouldn’t want to train people to assume that generic email accounts with “ESPO” in the name popping up without any notice from our team are automatically trustworthy (isn’t it a little weird to others that it’s ARC-ESPO, even if they know what ARC means?). I would think we’d want a unified signature, a good reason for using a generic mailbox and not our own individual identities/email accounts (which are trusted, vetted, and very hard to impersonate), and probably to digitally sign the emails we send (I know, I know… But it verifies that it’s not a spoofed email or someone pretending to be ESPO).
  2.  Another risk is that someone external sends important information to the ARC-ESPO inbox and no one takes care of it. Tragedy of the commons, everyone dealing with their own inboxes…
  3.  I receive all ARC-ESPO meeting invites and responses because I have been manually accepting them until the ESD can fix the auto-attendant. A bunch of meeting responses from people does make my inbox harder to manage, but that’s my own choice and I can find a way to handle it.

Our very own Erin Czech proposed a new meeting time. You can probably see it by opening up the meeting on ARC-ESPO and going to the Scheduling Assistant tab.

Have a wonderful fourth of July!! :)

[cid:image002.png at 01D531FF.A03CAC50]

Alex Stanfill
Earth Science Project Office
NASA Ames Research Center
Bay Area Environmental Research Institute
Bldg N232, Rm 263/MS 232-22
Moffett Field<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moffett_Federal_Airfield>, CA 94035-0001
Mobile: +1 650 680 8547
Email: alex.stanfill at nasa.gov<mailto:alex.stanfill at nasa.gov>

From: Mcfadden, Susan K. (ARC-SGG)[Bay Area Environmental Research Institute]
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:34 PM
To: Stanfill, Alex (ARC-SGG)[Bay Area Environmental Research Institute] <alex.stanfill at nasa.gov>; Zavaleta, Jhony R. (ARC-SGG) <jhony.r.zavaleta at nasa.gov>
Cc: all at espo.nasa.gov
Subject: Re: [All] Sally Ride Coordination

It was me who accidentally sent the invite for the a CAMP2Ex meeting from arc-espo.  I realized it right away and emailed Jhony, Erin and Katie and manually put it on my calendar.  Sorry. ☹

I knew the meeting acceptances would go to the mailbox and didn’t realize it was bogging things down or I would have gone in and deleted them.

Alex, you mentioned that someone proposed a new meeting time?  I’m surprised because it was a request for a webex from an email trail with a decision to have it at that time.

Again, my apologies for trying to do things too fast and not realizing I was on arc-espo before I hit send…

Susan