[All] Government 30 day waiver

Vasques, Marilyn F. (ARC-SGG) marilyn.vasques at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 30 09:08:30 PDT 2018

All,
FYI.
Farzana told me about a new NPR that exempts international travel from the 30 day waiver (see link below and text FYI).  We still need one for domestic and we still need to provide Farzana a list of missions each year but we don’t have to wait for a long approval process!!

Farzana is working the domestic one for FY19.

The new NPR (https://nodis3.gsfc.nasa.gov/displayDir.cfm?t=NPR&c=9750&s=1) has the exclusion for having to request a 30 day waiver for international trips under 2.1.2 a and c.

2.2.2        Exclusions.  Although ETDY is generally defined as all travel that is 31 or more calendar days, the following categories of travel are excluded from the ETDY category and its requirement for reduced per diem.  These are excluded based on prior determinations (including recurring approved waivers) showing lower lodging and/or meal costs are not reasonably available as required by the FTR.

a. Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS) Deployments.  NASA Science and Aeronautics Missions conduct a variety of OCONUS deployments each year, with typical campaigns lasting up to several months.  These extended high-tempo operations, often in multiple or remote locations, have repeatedly demonstrated lack of available reasonable alternatives for reduced per diem at deployment locations.  Accordingly, OCONUS deployments of up to two months duration are excluded from the ETDY category.  NSSC shall maintain a list of these deployments, updated with concurrence of OCFO at least annually.

c. Unexpected Extensions.  If TDY travel has commenced and is unexpectedly extended due to operational needs beyond 29 days, or 60 days in the case of OCONUS deployments, an extension of up to an additional 30 days is excluded from the ETDY category, and the authorized rate of TDY per diem or actual expenses may be similarly approved for the extension period.
FY19
DC-8

AFRC/Kansas

FireEx-AQ

5/5/2019

8/5/2019

50

All

DC-8

AFRC/Idaho

FireEx-AQ

5/5/2019

8/5/2019

50

All

B-200

AFRC/Kansas

FireEx-AQ

5/5/2019

8/5/2019

50

All

B-200

AFRC/Idaho

FireEx-AQ

5/5/2019

8/5/2019

50

All

ER-2

AFRC/Georgia

Severe Storms

4/1/2019

5/18/2019

47

All

PS:  Dave, I know you said no B-200 but I decided not to try to have her mod this since it is already working it’s way through the system.