[Exports_project_office] One more thought I wanted to convey at the end of today's PO call

Ivona Cetinic icetinic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 18:41:34 PDT 2021

Hi team,

that article does not address the fact that people that have covid within
the last 90 days can still come out positive, although they are not
considered infected. Bc CDC recognizes that fact and recommends that no PCR
testing should be done during that period as there is a chance that person
will come out positive... That is considered by CDC as a false positive,
and such positive tests are automatically discarded as false positives by
all health agencies around US.(but to my knowledge NHS doesn't have a
procedure to address that)
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/duration-isolation.html

Person can have viral parts in their respiratory system up to three months
after the recovery, and be disease free. That same person can be tested
multiple times negative, also be vaccinated on top of that, and still have
that "false" positive.

To my knowledge UNOLS have had a recent  cruise that had a false positive?
As I recall, Heidi in her email she stated that on two of her recent
cruises, she had a false positive.

I am not going to let anyone who is sick aboard the vessel. I will not make
a decision by myself. What I am suggesting is repeated testing, probably
double swab (procedure that NOAA is doing) and consultation with doctor.

Thank you

Ivona