[Exports_project_office] No meeting on thursday, 05/30

Lorenzoni, Laura (HQ-DK000)[NASA IPA] laura.lorenzoni at nasa.gov
Wed May 29 06:49:50 PDT 2019

Thank you Ivona!

A bit more on the Saildrone – and special thanks to Andrea and Craig for being our willing scientific interface with them. There seemed to be a misunderstanding from our last conversation with them, and instead what they were expecting was a PI that would write a proposal including them to work with EXPORTS (or someone that would just pitch them $$) to work in the N. Atlantic alongside the EXPORTS projects. Craig, Andrea, Ivona and I discussed this and we all agree that time-wise it will not work, aside from the fact that it’s not what we were going for. I will follow up with Saildrone and give them one last push, in the hopes they may want to work with us (which in the end would benefit them).

As Ivona also mentioned, there are some changes to the ship schedule; we are waiting on confirmation on a couple of things, but we may have to reshuffle and re-think some of the science to fit within what we have. Let’s all try to make next Thursday’s call so we can discuss this and potential impacts.

Dave – hope you feel better!
Andrea and Craig – thanks again so much for the Saildrone conversations and UNOLS interfacing.
Best,
Laura