[Exports_project_office] Welcome to the EXPORTS Science Team!!!!

David Siegel david.siegel at ucsb.edu
Thu Jun 14 15:30:14 PDT 2018

Hi Hilary / Brian,

Congratulations!!  Welcome to the EXPORTS team!  We are very excited to have you join us. Ivona Cetinic (EXPORTS Project Scientist) and Susanne Craig (EXPORTS data manager) will reach out to you shortly to introduce you to our plans for the field program, logistics, team communication procedures, data management, etc. As you surmised, there are no berths available (I don’t even get to go…).  I see that you have already reached out to folks who will be collecting samples for you. We all will need to move quickly as our sail date (Aug 10) is rapidly approaching…

I should be available tomorrow or most of next week to talk about overall science planning for the program.  Let me know when works for you and we’ll go from there. For a start, I’ve attached a ppt of the NE Pac experimental plan of the moment.

Again, I’m very excited to welcome you all to the team. Let me or Ivona know what we can do to help make this a success for you and your science.

Best, Dave

David A. Siegel
Chair, Interdepartmental Graduate Program in Marine Science, and
Professor, Department of Geography and Earth Research Institute
UC Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3060, USA
Ph: 01-805-893-4547

Begin forwarded message: