[Exports_project_office] MBARI assets for EXPORTS cruise

Andrea Fassbender fassbender at mbari.org
Thu Feb 22 12:11:28 PST 2018

Hi Dave,

OK great. I have these dates in my calendar now.

The ISUS can take the place of a bottle but ideally would be mounted vertically inside the bottle ring and above the CTD - see picture attached.

Autonomous assets = Deep ISUS (rosette nitrate) + BGC SUMO (underway pH + nitrate)
pH sampling capability = spectrophotometer for pH analysis onboard during cruise

Cheers,

Andrea

Figure: Gray vertical housing is the ISUS battery pack. Blue vertical housing in the ISUS. Blue horizontal housing is the Deep See Durafet (DSD). The CTD is below the DSD. Multiple Niskin bottles were removed during sensor mounting, which is when this picture was taken. The bottles were then remounted outside of this internal structure.

Andrea Fassbender
7700 Sandholdt Road, Moss Landing, CA 95039
(831) 775-1747 (office)
fassbender at mbari.org <mailto:fassbender at mbari.org>