[Exports_project_office] Hotel in Seattle

Cetinic, Ivona (GSFC-616.0)[UNIVERSITIES SPACE RESEARCH ASSOCIATION] ivona.cetinic at nasa.gov
Mon Apr 9 11:33:45 PDT 2018

Dearest PIs,

thank you for your responses. For all of you who have not forwarded this email to their coPIs: Bad PI! Please talk to your colleagues and don't let them float in dark.

Thank you

Ivona

Ivona Cetinic, Ph.D.
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center/USRA
Ocean Ecology Laboratory
Code 616
Greenbelt, MD 20771, USA
Phone: +1-301-286-1514

"You can observe a lot just by watchin'." Yogi Berra
________________________________
From: Cetinic, Ivona (GSFC-616.0)[UNIVERSITIES SPACE RESEARCH ASSOCIATION]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2018 5:39 PM
To: jenkins.bethany at gmail.com; fassbender at mbari.org; zhang at aero.und.edu; David Siegel; craig at apl.washington.edu; Ken Buesseler; mestapa at skidmore.edu; Craig Carlson; Marchetti, Adrian; smenden at uri.edu; Collin Roesler; Alyson Santoro; Deborah K Steinberg; Mike Behrenfeld
Cc: Exports_project_office
Subject: Hotel in Seattle

Hello to all,

Small question about the hotel (housing) in Seattle.

Quincy and Vidal did some scouting for us (TY!), and manged to get a block of rooms reserved in hotel (probably Four Points by Sheraton, and maybe another hotel) for us. The best rate they manage to score is a government rate, which is 244$ per night. Hotel is in the relative proximity of the pier (5$ uber ride), close to restaurants and some grocery stores. We will probably have some transportation organized for the group (probably, not promising anything). We will follow up with more information, but for now we just need to get a feeling how many people will follow our recommendation.

Will you, and your team, use the hotel we recommend?
If yes then nothing, chill we have you in our calculation.
If not - please email me directly, so we can take you out of the equation.
if confused - please email me directly.

When you are making this decision, remember
1) Mob is Aug 6th - Aug 9th, you are sailing out on Aug 10th.
2) we are leaving and returning to Seattle during summer, and the prices of the hotels will be only going up, and hotels will get booked pretty soon (and other housing arrangements as well).
3) We are currently working under assumption that you will be allowed to stay on the ships only the night before you sail out (this might not be correct, but lets assume it is for the sake of this email), and the night after you return to the port.
4) You are paying for the hotel not us.
5) I am sending this email only to lead PIs - you are responsible for your whole team.
6) If you have to email me (not and confused) please do that as soon as possible.