[Cpex-cv-all] Sad News within the CPEX-CV Team

McCarty, Will (HQ-DK000) will.mccarty at nasa.gov
Wed Aug 9 05:47:11 PDT 2023

Hi Everyone,

It's with a heavy heart that I'm writing to let you know about the passing of Claire Robinson, who was with us on dropsondes and CAPS for CPEX-CV.  While I don't know many details, it is my understanding that she passed away quite unexpectedly late last week at her home.

For being early career, Claire was a polished veteran of numerous campaigns and an asset to the agency.  Beyond that, she was purely enjoyable to be around and a force to be reckoned with when getting bombarded with dropsonde requests - all with a cool and calm attitude.

I apologize for those of you who are hearing this news for the first time, as I acknowledge that email isn't the warmest mode of communications.  However, I wanted to provide this news in advance of next week's Science Team Meeting, as I didn't want this to come as an unexpected shock while you were already under the stress of travel.

First and foremost, my thoughts are with her family, friends, and close colleagues during this time, and I'm sure you all feel the same.

If there is anything that I can do for you, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks,
-Will

--
Will McCarty, Ph. D. (he/him)
Program Scientist, Earth Science Division

Mobile:   240-758-8263
ORCID: 0000-0003-3092-3036