[Asia-aq-2024] ASIA-AQ Science Team Next Steps

Crawford, James H. (LARC-E303) james.h.crawford at nasa.gov
Mon Apr 22 11:32:27 PDT 2024

Dear ASIA-AQ Colleagues,

The dust has barely settled on our long deployment in Asia, and many of us are just getting back into our routines at home. Some of us are even preparing for other field deployments already.

In the midst of this, it is important to establish continued attention on ASIA-AQ data status and regular communication on early analysis plans.

Based on our pre-campaign telecons, it would be easiest to adopt a similar schedule of biweekly rather than monthly meetings on Monday evenings in the US (Tuesday mornings in Asia).

The times would be 9 pm (US east coast), 6 pm (US west coast), 10 am (Korea), 9 am (Philippines, Taiwan, Malaysia), and 8 am (Thailand).

We would like to start on Monday/Tuesday, 6/7 May with the first meeting. Below are some likely agenda items. Feel free to send additional suggestions.

If anyone has something they are anxious to share, I am also open to contributions. Either way, we will definitely need short talks for subsequent calls.

A formal meeting announcement for Teams will follow. See you soon!

ASIA-AQ Telecon Agenda Items, 6/7 May

1) Summary of final statistics on data collected (those who did not participate in the whole deployment may not fully appreciate what was finally accomplished overall ).

2) Address the status of the data archive (which is in pretty good shape so far) and provide reminders to team members on how to access data.

3) Review details about the tools available to jumpstart analysis (e.g., custom data merging tool, GCAS kmz files, HSRL images, data flags, etc.)

4) Discuss collaboration expectations, identify co-authors early, be conversing with colleagues for other countries as soon as possible, publishing expectations, etc.

5) Discuss the roadmap ahead and how we hope to produce Rapid Science Reports that are timely and impactful.

6) Provide an initial idea (for comment) on how to organize the science team around research interests and ensure collaborators are identified

Other thoughts?