[All] Shutdown guidance from Eugene Tu

Vasques, Marilyn F. (ARC-SGP) marilyn.vasques at nasa.gov
Thu Sep 28 15:09:31 PDT 2023

All,
I just attended the Meet Up with Center Leadership meeting.  A few take aways….

  1.  All
     *   All websites will be working.
     *   VPN will be working.
     *   Enterprise Service Desk will be limited but will be open.
     *   You can have your computers at home.
     *   PIV renewals, password expiring, IT training, etc. will be extended if needed.
     *   Shipping and receiving has requested limited manpower so there should be receiving (little to no delivery) and shipping to support an excepted activity.
     *   Childcare center still TBD.
  2.  BAERI
     *   All IT will be working.  You can use your computers etc. as long as BAERI says so.
     *   They can work on things but can’t ask CS for added direction.
     *   Access to the research park will not be limited (but no SpaceBar).
     *   Contractors can travel as long as they don’t need anything from a CS.
  3.  CSs
     *   If shutdown, Monday will be orderly shutdown day.  You can put up out of office messages or website banners.  You can work up to 4 hours but only on shutdown activities.  Not regular work.
     *   If you will be on Annual Leave on Monday (Erin and Jhony).  Check in with me so you can send out an out of office message and see what else you might need me to do for you on Monday.
     *   Fill out your timecard for this week.
     *   We can check email and websites daily to see the status of shutdown but no work.  Otherwise, don’t use your computer.
     *   Not expecting you to do security patches.  IT will check to be sure we don’t all get locked out.
     *   CSs will be paid after the shutdown.  There is now a law that says so.
     *   Medical coverage should stay in place as it has in the past but they will double check (never had been a problem during all the other shutdowns.

They will post the meeting recording and questions/answers.

I hope this helps,

-- Marilyn Vasques
ESPO Director & SGP Branch Chief
NASA Ames Research Center