[All] Delayed departure to Korea

Czech, Erin P. (ARC-SGG) erin.czech at nasa.gov
Sat Jul 23 10:23:32 PDT 2022

Hey all,

I was supposed to depart for Korea today but I tested positive for COVID on Thursday with a PCR test. It’s complicated since I suspect the positive test may be related to the fact that COVID was in my household in mid-June. However, at that time I didn’t experience any symptoms distinguishable from my typical seasonal allergies (e.g., sinus headaches, stuffiness, etc.) and never got a documented positive lab result. I am currently testing negative on antigen tests, but a PCR test is mandatory upon arrival to Korea. If you fail that one, you go into mandatory 7-day quarantine without a clear protocol for how you get out.

I have delayed my departure to Tuesday and have another PCR test scheduled tomorrow morning. Big thanks to Jhony Z for navigating, rationalizing, and communicating the vague rules regarding “recovered” foreign travelers to South Korea. Glad we have him on the ground out there.

Erin