[All] ACCLIP - Report from the field, 7-21 to 7-30

Zavaleta, Jhony R. (ARC-SGG) jhony.r.zavaleta at nasa.gov
Fri Jul 30 15:11:12 PDT 2021

ACCLIP personnel started arriving at Ellington Field, JSC on Wednesday, July 21st. The team spent the first couple of days and over the weekend unpacking, setting up their workspace, undergoing instruments’ visual inspections by the JSC engineering team, setting up logistics, aided and supported by ESPO’s Sam Kim and I.

This week was very productive despite some minor setbacks and a couple of delays due to aircraft technical issues. Nevertheless, ACCLIP had a successful technical Readiness Review (TRR) on Wednesday, and by Thursday afternoon the N926NA aircraft functional check flight was complete and it was turned over to the project to start integration.  Today, the aircraft pallets were dropped, some of the pods were partially mounted and power and communications checks got underway:

- Good Power ON Checks wirth no outstanding issues: SP2, COMA, WAS, ISAF, UAS, DLH.
- MMS, ChiWIS, and DLH – Will work on Monday

Good Network Comm Check out with no outstanding issues: WAS, DLH, O3

We have a small support bottleneck since JSC is operating with half of their maintenance staff. They are currently supporting N927 whose mission to image Boeing’s Starliner has been delayed due to the hiccup with the Russian module and the ISS a couple of days ago. Starliner is currently scheduled to launch on August 3rd, N927 and its crew are due to return the day after, ACCLIP will regain full support at that time. Nevertheless, we have enough slack in our schedule to absorb this delay, our first functional check flight is still on schedule for August 6th.

Leslie arrived Wednesday afternoon and took over duties from Sam as ESPO’s project coordinator. We expect to have some light work through the weekend and resume in full Monday morning.

Best regards,

Jhony

JHONY R. ZAVALETA
Project Manager - NASA Earth Science Project Office

MS 232-22, Bldg. N232, Room N232-242
NASA Ames Research Center
Moffett Field CA 94035

Cellphone:     +1 (650) 224-4825 (worldwide)
Office: +1 (650) 604-0125