[All] IT issues

Chirica, Dan C. (ARC-SGG)[Bay Area Environmental Research Institute] dan.chirica at nasa.gov
Tue Aug 28 13:06:22 PDT 2018

— VPN Clients —
NASA is moving to new VPN clients. The new client will become available Sept. 10. The old VPN clients will continue to work for a while.

New VPN client (Cisco) computer only and use badge only to authenticate

Mobile phones will need to implement MAAS360 — No deployment procedure yet. Pulse Secure on mobile should continue to work and allow email access during this transition.

For now make sure everyone has PulseSecure on both, the computer and iPhone
Computer: Go to https://vpn.<https://vpn.ba/>nasa.gov<http://nasa.gov> and follow the instructions.

iPhone: Go the AppStore and search for Pulse Secure or -> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pulse-secure/id945832041?mt=8
When starting the app configure with the following url https://ames-vpn.arc.nasa.gov use your NDC username and password.
Let me know if you have issues.

— RSA Tokens —
Request a software RSA token; go to NAMS.nasa.gov<http://nams.nasa.gov/> (it might complain about the certificate … just accept) search for: Agency RSA SecurID Token (replacement for 11181 - Agency RSA SecurID Token) .
People that already have an valid (hard) RSA token can modify the request to a Soft Token.

Syncing hard RSA Tokens - go to https://agencytokens.nasa.gov<https://agencytokens.nasa.gov/> and follow the instructions

— 4-cert badges —
Make sure you have updated your badge to a 4-cert badge. If not sure come and see me.

— Linux PIV —
Linux workstations, for now,  followed by servers will be required to login with a SmartCard, i.e. NASA hard badge. Need to clarify if this will apply to ssh connections. I recommend configuring certificate based ssh login. Let me know if you have questions. Take a look at this page http://www.linuxproblem.org/art_9.html  and let me know if you have questions.

— Enterprise BOX and Google Docs —
Will revisit this issue later in November when hopefully office 360 will hopefully be implemented. Till then please check your NAMS record and see when your Google Docs is due to be renewed.

However, it’s a free cloud solution so feel free to try.

Let me know if you have questions.
--
Dan Chirica
Earth Science Projects Office