[All] Computer not authenticating with the badge

Chirica, Dan C. (ARC-SGG)[Bay Area Environmental Research Institute] dan.chirica at nasa.gov
Mon May 1 15:07:36 PDT 2017

ESPOers,

Vidal issue prompted me to let you know what I noticed relatively recent. If you are using the badge reader and your computer goes to sleep or reboots it will prompt you for the badge PIN instead of the computer password. The authentication window does say PIN. However, it’s not very obvious. You can either type the badge PIN or if you have issues with this, just remove the badge, and the authentication window should change and ask for the computer password. Same thing happens if you are prompted to authenticate for any reason, for example, installing a program.

--
Dan Chirica
Earth Science Projects Office